WHO WE ARE
The Hope of Israel Messianic Congregation began in 1995 when Scott & Heidi Affrime offered their home as a weekly place of prayer and worship. The teaching/preaching was provided by a pastor named Larry Feldman, a missionary for Chosen People Ministries and congregational leader in Livingston, New Jersey.
Scott is now the Pastor, and Heidi serves on the Leadership Team -- and both have degrees from Dallas Theological Seminary (DTS). The Leadership Team is also comprised of Kearicia Valiant and Jim Burr, strong Christians who have been serving for years as encouraging leaders.
Hope of Israel currently meets on Saturdays at 11 AM on Facebook for our Livestream (Link: Facebook Live Stream). Please join us as we share the joy of our Lord in expository teaching and all forms of music.
our LEADERSHIP TEAM
SCOTT AFFRIME - PASTOR
Scott has been a student of the Bible for almost 3 decades. A graduate of Dallas theological Seminary, MaBS, Scott has become a very capable teacher of the word with a unique style that is always asking the important questions.
EMAIL = Scott@HopeOfIsraelNJ.com
our mission & history
MISSION: To always communicate that Yeshua is the Jewish Messiah who came and is coming again. To fellowship as Jew and Gentile, equals / co laborers, as representatives of our Lord, sharing His word and His love.
HISTORY: The Hope of Israel Messianic Congregation began in 1995 when Scott & Heidi Affrime offered their home as a weekly place of prayer and worship. The teaching/preaching was provided by a pastor named Larry Feldman, a Chosen People Missionary and congregational leader in Livingston, NJ.
statement of faith
1. We believe in the Triune (Three-in-One) nature of God.
2. We believe that mankind (both male and female) were created in the image of God to multiply and rule the world as it was originally created.
3. We believe that through mankind's disobedience to the direct commands of God, sin and death, with all its consequences, entered into God's perfect creation.
4. We believe that the loving Omniscient God had a pre-conceived plan for the remediation of man from his fallen condition.
5. We believe that God conceived the Jewish nation as the mechanism to bring about his plan of salvation for all nations on the Earth.
6. We believe that the inspired Hebrew Scriptures accurately record the prophecies concerning the One who would perform this act of redemption - Yeshua the Messiah (known to gentiles as Jesus); our true Lord and Savior.
7. We believe the divinely inspired New Covenant (B'rit Hadashah), written by Jewish authors, accurately records the fulfillment of those prophecies given in the Hebrew Scriptures.
8. We believe that the prophecies and their fulfillment concerning the life of Yeshua constitute the Good News, and that an innocent Messiah was crucified for our sins, resurrected on the 3rd day, indicating Gods acceptance of His sacrifice, and now He sits at the right hand of the Father as our High Priest.
9. We believe that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, and can only stand justified before God by our acceptance and belief in the Messiah's blood atoning sacrifice on our behalf.
10. We believe that all who believe in the completed work of the Messiah be they Jew or Gentile, become part of God's family.
11. We belief that the Feasts of Israel reflect the suffering and eventual return of the Messiah when he comes again to rule as Savior and King over all the Earth.